Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Day 7: It is very hot here

     What a beautiful day for a nice, relaxing beach trip. We had an early start, getting on to the bus at 8 o'clock. On the two hour bus ride to Vung Tau, the beach and site of a famous statue of Jesus. This Jesus statue closely resembles the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro. We had to climb up a large hill to get to it, and I have to say that was probably the most I ever sweat in my entire life. It was well worth it though. I got the chance to climb up the statue and look out over the water and city of Vung Tau. This is one of the most beautiful views that I have ever seen. Thankfully some of my new Vietnamese friends were up there to enjoy the view from Jesus's shoulder with me.







     After profusely sweating with Jesus for the entire morning, it was time to jump in the water. We got to spend some time at a seaside resort with its very own beachfront. I might as well have been taking a bath the water was that warm. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for on such a hot day, but it was refreshing nevertheless. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their time in the water, as some fun games of chicken broke out. We had lunch at the resort too, eating until we could not eat any more. The Vietnamese sure know how to host a group of hungry college kids. The afternoon followed with some more swimming, relaxing in the sand, and games with the Vietnamese kids. Overall, a very enjoyable day. My sun-burnt shoulders might ache for the rest of the trip, but it was well worth it.




1 comment: